Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Yea for my computer!!!!

Hey Mom!

First of all:  I found this wonderful girl today!  She's so beautiful and wonderful.  She acts with such purity of heart and vividness of soul.  I can't wait to send you a picture of her.  I really want you to have a chance to meet her.  She's so wonderful!  I wish I could better explain her to you.  I don't want to step out on a limb emotionally yet, but I'm seriously asking God about her.

But as to what you said earlier, YES!  I would love my keyboard, and I think it would be almost necessary!  I hope the extra money that has come in would be helpful in shipping it.

I've been asking to use the nice KORG keyboard in the church, but every time I do so, I have to ask the Music Minister, Aldo, to stop whatever he's doing and open the sancuary, turn on the lights upstairs, get a pair of headphones, etc. etc...  It would be horrible to do that every day (sad for both him and me).

I'm so glad to hear that my computer is alive and well!!  The Lord is Good.  I'm hoping that maybe when it comes back working, my palm will work better as well (it's been very slow lately... so much so that I've decided to stop using it for a while).  It's also apparently unwise to carry around something that expensive down here.

I'm wondering if maybe FUMC would think about sending the money they recieved through Central... if they would agree to that, it would make things much easier for me here.  I'm going to email Mr. Harrison and see exactly what the other options are.  I'm so glad that they were so helpful in collecting money for the School here!

If you are able to mail my keyboard and computer in some way other than extremely slow, I think I would like to have that good set of headphones with them, or maybe even both of them (the ones that were on "my" desk in that room which is probably since been swallowed up by some other purpose...).

Thanks so much!  Things here are going very well; apparently it's going to be about two weeks before school starts here!  Things will start getting under way not this Monday, but the next, and the first real day of school will be the following Thursday.  That's plenty of time.  I'm getting a much better idea of what to plan for musically in class as well as in my bible classes.  I'm going to have more middle school classes than high school, but down here there is only "elemenary" and "high" or rather "secondary" schools.  So in their minds, anything above 6th grade is a secondary level.

With all this extra time, Brian and Daniel (my housemates) are thinking about taking a trip to the coast this weekend.  I'm going to have to check the bank account, but I deffinately want to go!  It's so beautiful down here, but I don't know what will be within my small budget.  I actually still don't know what I'm getting paid... :-I

hmm...

I should find that out as soon as possible.  Teaching here is deffinately not about the money (though I'm still getting paid better than many of the other teachers), but it will be important for me to make sure I can manage on whatever I'm given!

PS- As for the girl I was talking about earlier... yeah right.

;-)  she may exist, but I haven't yet met her.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you! You go find that perfect girl.

Anonymous said...

Wow! I was really going there for a moment. I thought that being a grandparent was just around the corner. We will try to send the things you ask. I don't know how long it will take to get there. Your address is Miami so the packages will get there in a couple of days but from there to Honduras I don't know. Love you!

Unknown said...

PS, stacey's the bomb!

Anonymous said...

I told everyone at church and work about your perfect, young Seniorita. Is the lack of green in your picture a reflection of the lack in your bank account? :) Any way you look at it, you certainly look good.

Unknown said...

Good theory, Dad, but the money down here isn't very green to begin with. Sorry, looks like you're back to square one.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jason,
Hello from the SOM at Lee University. It is good to know that I can keep track of what you are doing in Honduras.

God bless you!

Darlia Conn