Wednesday, August 09, 2006

An Update and a big Thank You!

Dr. Burns,
 
I was wondering if you might forward this to the rest of the Chancel Choir; I just thought they might like a quick update!
 
I want to thank everyone who helped out the other night so much for all that they did.  God is good and much money was raised!  I'm hoping to go shopping even today to look around at the options for buying a piano or a keyboard here.  I'm personally hoping for an actual piano, but the cost of constant tuning (even if only once or twice a year), may be a little prohibitive.  There is no need for air-conditioning or heating down here because the climate is so mild (it's WONDERFUL).  The day I arived I was astonished to walk outside the airport and have a cool fall-like breeze blow past!  But the point of that is that all the draftiness of not having a more controled climate indoors may keep having an actual piano from being a real possibility.  But even so, with all the donations, I'm sure it will be possible to either by that or a large, well-made keyboard.  I'm very excited!
 
God is so good!
 
During the past three-four days, I've been able to travel around the city for a little bit and acutally sort of get my bearings so to speak and figure out where things are in relationship to other things.  There are so many beautiful places down here!  The city is large, old, and fairly dirty, but there is just so much beauty that it would be almost impossible to miss!
 
There is a small village very close to Tegucigalpa that has many handmade arts and crafts and wood carvings and such that they apparently sell everywhere in Central America, but it's much cheaper there, I'm already planning to spend gobs of money there.  Of course I have to work long enough to earn it first!
 
Anyway, I just wanted to give you an update and an HUGE thank you for all the help that you and the rest of the church gave.  Thanks ever so much!
 
If you get a chance and would like to, come by and see my blog; there will be much more regular updates there.  But don't worry, I'll try to send an email every once in a while.
 
The blog can be found at http://afishymusicmachine.blogspot.com.
 
Thanks again!
-Jason Scott Vawter
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is good to be back near a computer ( thought I would never ever say that). I have been wanting word from you but had no way of getting any. I will send you an email soon. Love you!