Yesterday was such a great day!
It was one of those days where it seemed like I got so much done with not too much effort. I love those type of days!
It started out nice and late; I slept in and for the first time since we've been here, my roommates woke up before me. They were surprized. ;-)
After lazing around for a little while, we moved two refrigerators for Mr. Harrison and for the Turners. All that before lunch. After a fine, lazy, make-your-own Saturday lunch, we went to the market and down downtown (El Centro). It was just me and the two guys, so I sort of got to show them around the different things that Carolyn had shown me. It was a beautiful day and the downtown area is just so beautiful to me anyway (in a dirty, grungy, hidden beauty sort of way). I loved it. We also went to the market, like I said, and bought 5 dollars worth of fruits and vegetables which actually should last us for a good while (at least a week or so). It's really surpizing how cheap things there are. They also have a little meat market with just about anything you want, but if you want to buy something there, you probably want to get there a little sooner, like Friday when they open up. That way, the smell of day old carcasas sitting out and dripping blood won't make you want to throw up. (nice little word picture, don't you think? ;-) It really is a great experience, though.
We were done with all that and back before 2:30 in the afternoon (or a la tarde for those of you who care). We sat around at the school appartment for a good while before going back to our house and making supper. After that we decided we wanted to go out on the town for dessert. We came back to school to invite Carolyn and Anna to come with us, but we couldn't find Anna. We went to Baskin-Robins (for the first time in my life) and had some downright great ice-cream. The only downside was that the price was very similar to the state-side price (expensive) when at the other fast-food chains you can usually get a soft-serve cone for around 25 cents. And boy does it tast good! (even if they do make it a little hollow on the inside ;-)
We talked there and had a great time.
Speaking of which, the other night three girls from International School came over to the house and we all had a good time. Wait, I already wrote about that didn't I? Yeah, I guess so.
Oh well. Oh, I forgot, we went to church last night instead of today, so that's why I've got the entire day today off! I think I'm going to write a little next about some of the things I learned this morning in my devotional time. God has been so good to me. My only real other goal for today is to get my lesson plans and syllabi finallized for tomorrow. (a little late to have them copied and handed out, I know, but oh well...)
3 comments:
Tell me!! What is a clam day?! HA!! I loved all the info.
Alright already! I get the point, maybe I should have learned to spell while in elemenary school...
Come on, though... you're really not helping my self esteem here.
;-)
Elemenary school? Isn't it Elementary School?
Sorry, English major in me coming out...
Post a Comment