Sunday, August 06, 2006

Am I finally here?

I guess so!

It sure took a long time! Gosh, before I got here it was like some cyber, ethereal (yeah I know I misspelled that), messed up time vortex that made time keep getting slower. Seriously. The closer I got to Honduras, the slower time went. I thought yesterday (travel day)would never end! But I'm here now and finally!!

Mr. and Mrs. Harrison took me as well as another teacher, who is returning from last year, to Valle de Angeles (Valley of Angels). The teacher (Carol) discribed it as sort of a "Woodstock without the drugs". There were so many beautiful things to buy with the minute amount of money that I had with me.

Speaking of money, we're going to have to see about that. I've got plenty, but apparently, it's easier to use a check here than it is to use Visa. Talk about backwards! Oh well...

Well, stay tuned. I guess. I don't have a lot to write about yet, but I'm sure things will come flowing soon enough.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They probably at least have atms. So, you could pull out the money you needed to spend for a while and use the cash...that might help with your delima (I know that isn't spelled right)