Here are just a few answers for the many questions you may have. :-)
I have been going to the prayer meetings recently (more than at first), and I really get a lot out of them. I think it could be one of the best services at the church, even if it does start at 6am. The services here are good, although they manly deal with prosperity type messages. Me and some the other guys sort of wonder if it's theologically shaky ground, but we think things will get better now that our fearless leader is returning. Bill Strickland, the head missionary here, is coming back which makes me very happy. He's just a stellar man of God, and I can't wait to get to know him more.
They have four services on the weekends; one on Saturday night and three Sunday morning. Then they have two midweek services which are usually a little more lively and charismatic than the weekend ones. They have a youth service on Thursday night and of course the prayer service Friday morning. I've actually just been going to one of the weekend services and leaving it at that. Sometimes we have a translator and sometimes we don't. I can't understand the general gist of the service without one, but I pay attention a lot better if it's translated.
That picture of me on Facebook with the Uncle Sam hat was just spontaneous. I was at the cultural night, but I didn't have a specific job. Actually, none of us gringos had our own country. I was actually singing Sousa's "Stars and Stripes Forever". You'd be surprised at how much of that you actually know just from what you've heard. I was supposed to take pictures, but once again, I forgot. :-(
Well, talk to ya later!
No comments:
Post a Comment