Cable internet
Good news all around! I'm going to be getting cable internet at the house soon. I've also ordered some cheap (but good brand) wireless routers for guys to use at the house (since we each have laptops). That will mean that I'll be much more accessable to all of you. In fact, if I'm at home, I'll try to leave Skype always on so that you will be able to "call" me using it.
(My Skype ID is "afishymusicmachine", but you can always find my with just my name.)
Singing at Suyapa
More good news! (I hope my overexcitement doesn't offend any of you). At the moment, it looks like I'm going to be singing with the Honduran national choir at Suyapa!!!! I'm so excited I can bearly stand it. You should hear the sound there!!! I think if we sing there next Saturday (the 27th), I'll just die of unbearable bliss.
I'm also getting a few of my students to join me at the rehearsal tonight! Hip, hip! (...Horay!) That's really cool because we'll be about the only school who can claim that honor. Hopefully... just hopefully, we're getting better step by step.
Reading Music
The other day we had a milestone in my music classes... my students actually read music on their own!! I was more excited than I thought would be possible! It was one of the most amazing experiences that I've ever had. I never would have thought I would be able to get them from not reading anything to reading something. Actually, in my after-school choir, they actually sang two part stuff. It was so wonderful.
Ha. I wonder what they would think if they ever found this page? Ha.
Well, talk to you later, Chicos!
3 comments:
Wow, what good news you have! The choir is doing well. They are eager to learn and catch on quickly. Caution with the wide open internet. Set up a firewall system on your routers so that nothing comes in without you asking. Then never say YES to install updates to software if you are not fully sure that it is what it says it is. There are lots of trojains out there.
SUYAPA. How do you pronounce it? Does the first part sound anything like what an Arkansas Razorback fan would scream at a ballgame? Whooooooo, Pig. Soooiieeeee!
sue-YA-pa
Come on Dad... you're embarassing me.
:-)
Post a Comment