Monday, January 29, 2007

Have a great day...

Well, it's a little too late late for that one; the kids are already giving me trouble.  Bleh.  I was supposed to have two parent/teacher conferences this morning.  The first one went fairly well, but the second one didn't happen.  The parent didn't come, and the kid's normal teacher thinks that the boy was just saying that his mom was comming so that he could get out of his detention.  We'll see.  My 10th grade Bible class didn't go as well as it should have either.  They just kept talking... but that's ok, they'll just have the test tomorrow without the helpful review.  Heh heh.
 
The concert went well this weekend.  I was kicking myself for not bringing my camera and taking pictures.  It was so cool.  I went up to Cristo del Picacho (Christ of the Peak) and we sang for the mass that was given in thanks (and honor) of the President's first year in office.  It was a wonderful experience.  I didn't sing my solo (they ended up cutting out that section on the last night of rehearsal since there was no way to practice it with all the people absent).  But I did sing the "Halleluja Chorus" from Handel's Messiah from memory in Spanish (or at least I looked like I did ;-).
 
For those of you who want to know... the house isn't air-conditioned, but it's really not needed.  Usually a fan will do just fine, but actually... most of the time we don't even need that.  The climate is so comfortably moderate here.  All the walls are concrete and there isn't really insulation anywhere in the house; but once again... it's not really needed.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so surprised about the onery streak that is showing up. You didn't let that show until now. I think I like it, it shows that the kids are not going to walk all over you.

Anonymous said...

I am so surprised about the onery streak that is showing up. You didn't let that show until now. I think I like it, it shows that the kids are not going to walk all over you.

Unknown said...

I'm surprised that Mr. Anony-mouse wrote that twice.

Unknown said...

I'm surprised that Mr. Anony-mouse wrote that twice.

Unknown said...

;-D

Anonymous said...

what if it is a Mrs. Anony-mouse?

Unknown said...

Well... we mighty allow that.

Anonymous said...

Jason - I just know you are such a mean teacher. HAHA. The kids are lucky to have you and they will appreciate you in the long run. Just as with all jobs - and teaching positions with adults or kids - some days are better than others. LOVE YOU PRAYING FOR YOU MISS BETH P.S. I always sign mine even tho it is under anonymous

Blanca Trinidad said...

Johanson! You forgot to mention that you were seen Live - country wide at almost all TV News that day!

Take care