Well, I guess I would be cheating to say my Spanish isn't getting better; it is... but not very quickly at all. I'm really hoping to get a host home sometime soon. I'd at least like to secure one for next semester even if I don't leave the house for this one. I'm really considering staying another year... but I don't know what it will take or how it will happen. I'm trying to talk to the other missionays around me and ask for their advice and wisdom on the subject. We'll see how it goes. :-)
I'm driving a bit, and this past Saturday I drove to Cleo's home with the rest of the guys. We ate at her two room house, and she was just so incredibly kind. She has a kitchen area, and a bedroom area; both unthinkably small. She doesn't have a bathroom or a closet or anything else. Her house reminded me of Grandpa's bedroom with stuff everywhere, of course it all has it's place and it's by no means purposely cluttered... but it's very different.
I've been trying to go with Dave Turner on all the Sunday's that he preaches at a little church. He's trying to get the name of Teen Challenge out and he gets to do that by preaching and making friends. Sort of an easy job if you look at it that way, but he has a thousand other things to do as well, and there seems to be many more obsticals than oportuntities. So far, he's only been in the city. There are opportunities to go on medical missions and other things for me, but so far I haven't gone on one. I want to though!
I could have chosen to go on a Royal Ranger outing this comming weekend (it's a holiday, 4-day weekend), but I feel it very necessary to learn more Spanish before I become involved. I would really like to go to language school this comming summer. We'll see.
Well, so much to do and so little time!
No comments:
Post a Comment