Ha,
Love you Dad... Don't worry, I'm forwarding this entire message to my blog as we speak. I'd hate for the world to be uninformed; you know? ;-)
Dave Turner (40s?) is the missionary that's here with his family in charge of things were Bill Strickland (70s?) sort of left off. Pastor Strickland is still actually in charge, but he runs things from Springfield. Marie (the wife) is a 6th grade teacher here at the school and Jason (son) is in 5th grade, while Rachel (daughter) is in 7th. Rachel reminds me a lot of Stacey; Anna's said the same thing. My roomates are Daniel and Brian and I've never felt so short in my life! They are both around 6'3"; I feel like an ant. If I had a camera, I would send more pictures! I promise. It would be so cool.
As things are right now, I have so much work to do. Although Dave is in charge of Teen Challenge down here (or at least he sort of is), he took my 11th grade bible classes from me the other week. I really liked them a lot (they were the best behaved and most eager students), but I'm actually glad now that I don't have them just because of all the things that I have to do! I'm sort of looking forward to the day that I have all my elementary classes done because it will lighten my load even more and allow me to focus on this afterschool club.
Dad, just so you know, I leave the orrigonal headings on the letters because it helps my blog readers understand a little more of the context of the message when they know who it was orriginally written to. Although, I think you might be right about including last names and exact monitary values. That wasn't my smartest move ever. Hmm. We'll have to think about that one.
The school just got the new keyboard yesterday! And it's great and I'm really happy about it. It's about the absolute nicest home-keyboard that money can buy. The only thing is that I don't know whether the school actually bought that with their own money or with the money that I gave them... that money was supposed to be separate, but we'll see I guess. I need to have a meeting this morning. It really is a nice keyboard though. It has midi and all kinds of newfangled things. The only thing it doesn't have that I've seen recently is a USB port... but it has midi instead, so that works out just fine. Besides... I don't have a computer. :-(
Oh well.
I love you very much Dad!
Yours,
Jason Scott Vawter
4 comments:
Yay for awesome keyboards.
:-)
I'm glad that you are starting to get the hang of things down there. I am praying for you Jason
thanks!
Post a Comment