We had a team in this past week, so I've been incredibly busy! There was a couple times I've been talking to friends online and had to leave suddenly; if that was you, please forgive me.
As of yet, I haven't had a chance to talk with John Dahlager, the missionary of many hats. I'm still praying and looking forward to our lunch meeting on Monday. I'm still very unsure of what decision to make, but I'm leaning away from being an MA (see my previous post). It just feels too temporary and indecisive to me. I'd rather just go ahead and commit to pursuing fully appointed missionary status or coming down here simply as a Christian worker who has a job "on the economy". Also... since John (or Dr. Dahlager rather) is in the administration at the national Bible college, I'm expecting this to be a very productive and enlightening discussion.
As I type, I'm sitting here at the World Alive Music (WAM) building. They've got tests and other things going on right now, so there's not as much to see. The choir should start up this coming Tuesday (we've delayed the start to have a few more days to advertise). Randdy said that we already have around 50 signed up! And he said he expects around 100 to show up for our first meeting. THAT's exciting. With numbers like that, we can go to slightly more difficult stuff. Mass choirs are notorious for what Dr. Fuller calls the "mob mentality": thinking that your own voice, sound production, and subsequent pursuit of excellence doesn't matter. However... it also has some benefits. For beginning singers it's much easier to sing the correct pitch when there is a wall of sound behind you singing the same note you should be. Choral blend can also be much easier to accomplish when you are quickly lost in the mass. That's good.
~
As an afterword... here is a link to the promo video they made of me as an advertisement for the choir. And if you want to keep up with what's happening at WAM (and happen to read Spanish) you can check out the WAM Facebook page.

No comments:
Post a Comment