Well... as I write to all of you tonight, my heart is filled with a great sadness. One of my dear friends of this past week has gone on to better places. I didn't have much time to get to know him, but in the short week that we had together, I tried my best to be a good friend.
Actually, at first, he really didn't seem to like me, but he soon got over his initial prejudices and we developed a deep, though short lived fellowship. I knew earlier today that he wasn't feeling well, and I worried about him all night. When I was finally able to come back to see how he was, he had already passed on. In truth, ants had already found their way down the meter and a half of fishing line from the ceiling to his cage.
Yes, although I'm sure this will come as a shock to many, my dearly beloved pet parrot, Francisco, is dead. For those of you who got to know him, I know this is a saddening time. But if there is anyone to blame in this situation, surely it is me, his caretaker. I noticed when I came home from school that he wasn't doing well at all. He was silent and plastered to the side of his cage like he was thrown there by Sylvester himself. I tried to talk to him, but he didn't do much more than blink at me or coo when I talked to him. I thought he was just being dramatic (parrots are known to do those types of things), but later as I left this afternoon to go to my concert... I realized in the car that it had been a little more than 24 hours since I watered him. I immediately called my roommates and asked them to stick some water in his cage as soon as they got a chance. I thought that there would be enough time, but apparently it was too late. They are asleep right now, and I'm left to wonder if they even know what has transpired. If not, they'll surely find out in the morning. I wonder how Brian will ever get over this.
If you want my expert veterinary opinion, I believe Francisco was cruelly and tragically murdered by none other than myself. He was a good friend and a stalwart companion while he lasted. Probably the saddest $12.50 that I've ever spent in my life. Such pain and agony, none other has ever known. Forgive me, world; I am not fit to be a pet owner.
In grief and despair,
Jason Scott Vawter
1 comment:
You should have watered that bird. What do you think that coo meant? He was a thirsty bird! Really though, I AM sorry that you lost your little friend. Birds are cool. We have one at my house that likes to be stroked on the back of the neck. We give her water. Ha Ha. Sounds like your having the time of your life as far as making memories goes. You ought to write it all in a journal and keep it for the rest of your life. A web site is not bad though. KIT
Post a Comment