Friday, July 26, 2013

Spiritual Warfare

I'm stoked that over the last couple of posts my blog now has more than 2000 page-views.  Hip hip...

Thanks to all who have been lifting me up in prayer, especially this past week.  I've been praying specifically for the things I mentioned at the bottom of the last post, which in a phrase is "open doors."  It's a bit long to explain again.  Nevertheless, one of the things that I don't remember mentioning before but which has been on my mind is this: I've been wondering how what I do could really be useful to God.  And I mean in a spiritual warfare, Ephesians 6 type of way.  I want to be actively fighting the good fight and not simply sauntering the spiritual saunter.

Yesterday, I had the wonderful opportunity to hear Anna's story of how she was drawn into her ministry field and started Light Force International.  It's a riveting story.  But the end result was I was left feeling more than inadequate.  I felt like all my dreams and hopes were hopelessly small.  Like if I got everything I wanted and was able to serve God to the absolute fullness of all my dreams... I would not be making much of a difference.  It was incredibly humbling.  And a little confusing.  I wondered if maybe God was using this as another stepping stone.  Maybe He was simply getting me to a place where I was willing to give up working with choirs.  And... I am willing to do that, even more now than before.

However...
This morning I had the wonderful opportunity to worship at a small, lower class Christian school here in San Jose.  I went there with one of Josh's teams.  During the worship, God reminded me of something that Anna said that I have believed for some time but never really contemplated.  She said that in her opinion,

"Worship is the best form of spiritual warfare."

Wow.

And I think I'll end with that. :)

No comments: