Today is a new day. Yesterday's mistakes are gone, and even if the consequences must still be lived through, the past cannot be changed. I can do my best from here forward, even if I can't change what's behind me.
God, thanks for the good night's sleep and for the sun just coming over the hill into the baby blue sky. Thanks for the springtime that's just warm enough in the afternoon to open windows and turn on fans. You have blessed me beyond imagination. You have given me hope and a future. I thank You that You're "still workin' on me to make me what I aughta be."
You said if I seek You, You will be found by me. God, if Your presence doesn't go with me, I don't want to go anywhere, much less try anything new. Lord, this life just won't work without You. Nothing is going to be right without You. I have to have You. Please fill me with Your presence and give me the strength I need to do Your will. I can't do the work you've set before me without Your help. I'm helpless and pitiful without You. Be near.
No comments:
Post a Comment