Just in case you're an avid Afishymusicmachine blog reader... I'm still a pyro in the mood for fire.
But at the same time, I'm also a very social guy. Social meaning I still feel a need for other, like-minded people to spur me on. I feel the desperateness and the call of the Elijah and John the Baptist spirit--minus the ability to keep the fire going, to keep tapped into the stream of living water without having others around me who want and desire the same thing.
Is there anyone of my friends, preferably in the Lee University area who is willing to dive into this lifestyle?
Chris Oglesby and I were talking about this last night. On a scale of 1 to 10, how holy do you want to be? Seriously. What's your answer to that question? It seems like most Christians would just answer: "holy enough" or "just a little holier than I was yesterday" or something else similar. May I venture to say... maybe even most Christians I know at Lee would say something like that, completely skirting the issue of the question. Is there not anyone else who would answer a resounding "10!"
God isn't coming back for a semi-precious, almost-perfect bride. Why do we insist on being complacent and apathetic in our Christian walk? Why can't we simply humble ourselves and pray, and seek His face, and turn from our wicked ways?
Take a look around you. We have been horribly decieved into thinking that our highly, and overtly perverted sexual culture is somehow overlooked by God. And the church looks just like the world in this area. It's just so heart breaking. It makes me want to weep and curse in the same breath.
In Revelation 2:18-29, Jesus speaks to us. He says he sees our love and faith, our service and preserverance. He sees that we are doing so much for Him. He essentially gives us a hearty, "BRAVO!" He's proud of us; we're actually doing some good! But... He goes on: He wants to judge [correct] us for tolerating the spirit of Jezebel and her blatant sexual immorality.
He doesn't necessarily accuse us of being sexual immoral.... it's just that we tolerate it. It doesn't bother us that our Christian brothers and sisters joke about the same, sexually crude stuff that the world does. Instead of being sickened by the sexually perverted shows on television that depict and display homosexuality, pre- and extra-marital sex, pornography, complete immodesty, et al.-- instead of this sickening us, we enjoy it. Huh? Since when did this please the Heart of God?
Is there anyone else who desires extreme purity? All I want is to be caught on fire by the Almighty God. I honestly don't care what it looks like. I don't care if it just makes me look like a freak or some off-the-edge religious fanatic. I just want to be in the palm of God's hand. I know that I'll make mistakes. I know that I'll fall at least a thousand more times. The higher the standard, the harder it is to reach. Can perfection be attained? That's an irrelevant question. The real questions are: Who's going to aim for it? Who's going to reach for excellence? And more importantly: Who's going to stop playing "Christian" and finally give it their all?
Fasting, prayer, deep and real passion. These are words that I want on my tombstone. I don't care if anyone else joins me or not; this is my stubborn desire (finally! something good to be stubborn about! :-).
But the truth is... I do care if anyone else joins me. So... please, someone respond.
No comments:
Post a Comment