Things are going quite well here. I'm becoming more and more equipped to help out and God is affording me many more opportunities than I could have imagined. Just yesterday I was asked to give a sort of "master class" to music teachers here. The class would be in English and obviously these teachers would already know both English and a whole lot about music (and probably be a lot more experienced in it than me)... but the point of the class would be to give them English terminology for all the music jargon that they already know in Spanish. If it's done right, it could really change the face of music at bilingual schools here in Honduras. Right now, I'm told that there are many music teachers at the bilingual schools who know English but are forced to teach their subject in Spanish because of the lack of jargon. At the moment, I'm still not exactly sure how this would work... how many classes would be needed or whether it would be a static thing or what. I'm not sure. I still have a lot of jargon to learn myself. Although... I think this would greatly help me. We'll see.
Talk about the blind leading the blind though.
You guys will have to lift me up in prayer because I can see very quickly one of my week points will be believing that I really am an expert or what not. I am often treated like something special or like an expert, but the truth is that I'm one of the least qualified people for this job. The only reason I'm here is because God wants me here... not because I'm something extra special. So, if you would, pray that I don't succumb to pride or arrogance. Sometimes it's not easy; there's just too much for me to like about myself. j:-I (sarcasm)
3 comments:
HA! HA! HA! to that last paragraph.
I'm glad to know that you still have your life in perspective and God is at the helm. You seem to be afforded a lot of wonderful opportunities and I know it is God's blessings on your life. Isn't he just great and awesome!!!!! love you!
I meant the last sentence!!!!
I Love you too, Mom.
Post a Comment