Friday, April 05, 2013

Mississippi ACDA

I'm so thankful right now for the experiences that God has provided for me here at Southern Miss.  Yesterday I had the opportunity to pick up a speaker for this year's Mississippi ACDA conference.  He is a choral conductor and professor at Providence (RI) College and he is also the coordinator for an international conductor exchange program (think foreign exchange students, but with conductors and for a short 2-3 week period).  I enjoyed having an hour to talk to him about the benefits of this type of focused cultural trading among other things and in about an hour, I'll have the pleasure to take him back to the airport again and continue discussing this topic.  How perfect that God has lined this up!

Among other things, I've also received quite a few more donations, which I'm able to show HERE on my GoFundMe.com page.  And I've received word of MANY many more which I can't yet list.  I even have word that some of my very dear friends at McKendree UMC are even planning a fish fry to raise money.  But shhhhh.... I have a feeling Julia wasn't supposed to tell me that. :)

In short, I'm amazed and awed and a bit shocked at how God is providing and how He continues to do so through the wonderful friends he has given me.

No comments: