Friday, March 07, 2008

prayer request

I'm writing you all to ask for prayer.
 
Spring break is supposed to be fun, enjoyable, and mentally refreshing, but for some reason, this has been a hard week for me.  During the last half of it, I've been tired and discouraged spiritually and mentally.  The biggest thing on my mind right now is my desire to go someplace and to do something, but I feel as though in all the dreams and visions (words I'm using in a similar fashion as "desires") that I've been given by God, my hands are tied behind my back.  It's frustrating, because although I see many things that I want to do and to be a part of, I am not given the opportunity to complete them.
 
I have desires to lead a highly skilled choir (who I can work with for more than just once or twice a week).
I desire to finish becoming fluent (as much as is possible at my age) in Spanish.
I desire to follow through with a pilot's license.
And of course, I would also like to find a companion/wife sometime soon.
 
And yet, with all of these desires, I feel almost as though I'm being teased; as though I'm only allowed to get close enough to better perfect the desire itself, but not close enough to take a step towards measurable attainment of those good and God-glorifying desires.
 
Well... I'm willing to go or do whatever God wants from me.  And I realize that right now that just might include more school (even though it seems like I've just been stuck in the same spot for more than 5 years!).  But... I really want something more than just this.  And I think God wants me to have life more abundantly even right here and now in the midst of the mundane.  But I don't understand how to partake in that yet, and I could really use some wisdom and help from God in that.  Discouragement and dispair don't have any place in the victorious life of a Christian.
 
So please pray for me.  I've been praying, but it would be nice knowing some others are also praying about this for me.
 
Thanks,
Jason

No comments: