Sunday, April 01, 2007

The YPG-525


Guess what? I also just made my first large puchase with the music money! I bought (of all things) a keyboard. I was looking around and trying to research them yesterday online and I found a couple of good ones. You know, I like the Yamaha brand. They have something besides the Clavinova series, called Portable Grand. It has fully weighted keys and it's piano-focused (their word, not mine) so it has a really good piano sound. It also has real stereo (not just two speakers), so the high notes sound like they're coming from the right side and the low notes from the left side. Anyway, I was looking around and found that almost always the price was $599. That seemed to be a good price for it. There were a few places that sold it for $549, plus shipping, but I found one that didn't charge for shipping and cost $599. Then, while I was there I noticed they were selling a special packaged deal: they were selling the keyboard with it's Yamaha issued "Survival Kit". The kit usually costs between $30-60 when you buy it by itself. But the store must have made a mistake in their pricing because instead of listing the package as $ 630 (which would have been a very reasonable price), it was listed at $530! And this is the same store that doesn't charge for shipping! So needless to say, I bought it! I was only planning on looking yesterday, but when I came across that seeming mistake, I couldn't help but buy it. It worked out well though, even after I put it in my cart and everything it still said $530. Actually, I got an email this morning telling me I had been charged $530, so it looks like that really was the price. But I'm not worried because I'm buying it new, so even if it's the $630 price, I won't mind since it's the exact one I wanted the school to have. If you want to check it out online or something it's called the YPG-525 (Yamaha Portable Grand).

I'm excited!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello its me juan. You bought a Piano whow great. Ja I bought a guitar amp. But your purchase is much better. I still remember the one in school was great. Take car of it. When you dont want it anymore send it to me jajaja.