Tonight's concert went very well.
But let me tell you, I was nervous starting it. I wasn't ready and things wern't going the way they should before hand. It was sad. I guess it started in the middle of the afternoon when I was heading back to church and got about halfway there before realizeing that I needed to go back home and get the church keys from my mom (which are still on the desk in my room). So I had to go back and get them. And then when I got there, things weren't working musically like they were supposed to. I was making thousands of mistakes in places where I usually only make hundreds :-). Sort of funny, but not really. And my mood soured more.
To top it all off, right before the service my pants go wet in an imbarassing place. I wasn't having a good time at all. My mom reminded me that I should probably give it to God and remind myself of the reason I was actually playing and doing this concert. So, I got alone with God for a little bit and things went much smoother after that. God is so good and kind and gracious!
Anna played beautifully and we did almost the entire concert; everything except the Darlene Zcheck set (however you spell her name...). I was surprised that people actually sort of went along with me on "He'll Take Care of the Rest" when I sort of did a play/sing-along with the CD. They seemed pretty stoic when I was explaining what was going on with that one and why I was doing it that way, but they were more than warm enough after it was over.
So... Thanks everyone! Things went so well and I can only hope that everyone enjoyed it half as much as they so quickly said they did. It was a very warm reception and now I can't wait to do the concert again at First United Methodist Church this comming Wednesday.
Only 7 days left!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment