I wonder if it was just someone who was mad at me. If that was the case, I simply wish I could talk to them and set things right. You'd have to be pretty upset with a guy to break into his house, wouldn't you? Surely I'd know if someone was that upset.
And if it wasn't someone I know, then why did they look to the very back of the closets to take seemingly pitiful stuff, while leaving the printer, relatively expensive surge protectors, and lawnmower. Heck, it was all boxed up for them; they could have just pretended they were moving and backed a truck up.
Some people say, why lock your doors, a thief will find a way in if he really wants to. How true. Only in this case, it didn't matter that I left the door unlocked. Yeah, I'll be locking my doors for a good while now, even though it apparently doesn't matter.
I get the feeling it was someone who knows me, and knows what I had and where I kept stuff. They probably just broke the front glass to make it look more like a random act of crime. The stuff that was left wasn't ruined or sabotaged like you might expect, and only a few boxes were open or gone. My major question is this: was it someone who was mad at me, or just someone who's broke and wanted my stuff?
Of course there's no way to really know if it was someone I know. And in all honesty, they didn't take anything I need, just stuff I'd have rather kept.
But the thing I miss most is my sense of trust.
No comments:
Post a Comment